I’ve been making nice cream for months now, so it’s about time I (officially) share my recipe with you on here! Nice cream is just as creamy as plain ice-cream, but so much better for you (and for the animals) – it’s a win-win! You can pretty much add whatever you like, but I’ll show you my spin on one of my favourite double berry nice cream dishes.
I should add that you will need frozen bananas for this recipe, so you may need to prep that in advance.
Recipe serves: ~2 people
Total time: 10 minutes
- 3 frozen bananas
- 2/3 cup your choice of dairy-free milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter, or other nut butter
If you can’t have/or don’t like nut butters, simply replace this ingredient with 1/2 tablespoon maple or agave syrup (helps thicken it up)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blackberries
- Carefully cut your frozen bananas open (or you can prep your bananas in advance for nice cream by slicing them before popping them into the freezer).
- Combine your frozen bananas, dairy-free milk and frozen berries in a food processor (or blender) and blend on medium-high speed for a minute or so.
- Next, scoop into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings!
Ideas for toppings:
- Frozen berries/fruit
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut butter/chocolate drizzle
This recipe is SO easy, and completely guilt free! Enjoy!