Let’s be honest, the best part about making vegan chocolate chip cookies is that you can eat as much of the dough as you want. These chocolate chip cookies are SO good, that even your non-vegan friends and family won’t notice the difference. Scroll down for the recipe!
Recipe makes: ~28 cookies
Total time: ~30 minutes
Bake at 325F / 160C for 14 minutes
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegan packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan granulated white sugar
- 2 tbs. vanilla
- 3 tbs. (melted) coconut oil
- 1-1/4 cups vegan butter (I used the Earth Balance Original Butttery Spread)
- 1-1/2 cups (vegan friendly) chocolate chips
- 520 grams all-purpose flour
- 5 mL baking soda
- 5 mL salt
- 225 grams brown sugar
- 115 grams white sugar
- 30 mL vanilla
- 45 mL coconut oil
- ~283 grams vegan butter (I used the Earth Balance Original Butttery Spread)
- ~340 grams (vegan friendly) chocolate chips
- Start by combing your flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside once done.
- Next, cream together your vegan butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla and coconut oil in a separate bowl. I used a food processor to do this, however you can do it by hand just make sure your vegan butter is close to room temperature.
- Now combine your dry ingredients into your creamed mixture and knead into a dough.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and mix in well.
- Preheat your oven to 325F / 160C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Roll your cookie dough into spoon size pieces on your cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 14 minutes. Check on them halfway through. Oven temperatures may vary depending on your type of oven.
I hope you guys enjoy these vegan-friendly chocolate chip cookies as much as I did!