Total time: ~1 hour
Roast garlic at 425F / ~220C
Bake “chicken” per package instructions
Recipe makes 2 wraps
What you will need:
- 2 large soft flour tortillas
- Vegan chicken, I used Gardien’s Chicken Tenders (2 peices per wrap – 4 total)
- 4 handfuls shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (in already edible form)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
Metric conversions (be sure to still check the ingredients above as the conversions are only included in this section):
- 100g chickpeas (in already edible form)
- 100g sliced red onion
For the parmesan cheeze:
- 2 tbl. walnuts
- 1 tbl. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbl. hemp hearts
- 3/4 tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt (I always use pink salt)
- 25g walnuts
- ~14g nutritional yeast
- ~14g hemp hearts
- ~3.5mL lemon juice
For the caesar dressing:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 3 tbl. lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tbl. tahini paste
- Small roasted garlic bulb, or ~6 cloves
- 1 tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- ~60mL vegan mayo
- ~44mL lemon juice
- ~22mL tahini paste
- ~15mL extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5g salt
- 2.5g black pepper
For the tofu bacon bits:
- 1/4 cup extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbl. maple syrup
- 1/2 tbl. soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tbl. extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 50g extra-firm tofu
- ~15mL maple syrup
- ~7mL soy sauce or tamari
- ~7mL extra virgin olive oil (for frying)
- Parchment paper
- Tin foil
- First you will need to roast your entire garlic bulb for 40 minutes at 425F / 220C. To do this slice the top part of the garlic off so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with minimal olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper (optional). Wrap entirely in tinfoil, ensuring there’s no spots where the oil can drip out. Pop into the oven and set a timer for 40 minutes.
- Next prepare your parmesan cheeze. Combine your cheeze ingredients (walnuts, nutritional yeast, hemp hearts, lemon juice and salt) in a blender or food processor and gently pulse for ~30 seconds on medium-high speed. Be cautious not to blend too much, or it could turn into a walnut butter. Set aside once done.
- You can now prepare your tofu bacon bits. Crumble your extra-firm tofu with a fork, until small pieces have formed. Next combine your crumbled tofu with maple syrup and soy sauce and mix together. Heat a frying pan with olive oil and pan-fry tofu mix for 10 minutes on medium-high heat. Set a timer.
- Once your tofu crumble has fried for 10 minutes move it onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, pop it into the oven (with the garlic so same temperature) for 15 minutes.
- Now is also a good time to prepare your ‘chicken’. Usually it takes about 15 minutes, but check your package. If you’re using Gardien’s Chicken Tenders it says 350F for 16-20 minutes, but I just popped them in with my garlic and tofu bacon at 425F for ~12 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for your roasted garlic and tofu bacon you can prepare your salad mix-in ingredients. In a bowl mix together your romaine lettuce, sliced red onion and chickpeas. Set aside once done.
- When your garlic, tofu bacon and ‘chicken’ is done remove from oven. Set aside your tofu bacon and ‘chicken’ for the meantime.
- Once your garlic has cooled down, scoop out the roasted cloves with a spoon. In a food processor or blender combine your vegan mayo, lemon juice, tahini paste, roasted garlic cloves, olive oil, salt and black pepper, and blend on medium-high until a creamy texture has formed and there’s no lumps.
- You can now combine your garlic caesar dressing, parmesan cheeze and tofu bacon bits in with your salad mix-in.
- Lay a flour tortilla wrap flat and add caesar salad mix-in and top with 2 ‘chicken’ tender strips. Roll and enjoy!